There seems to be some template ‘health’ journalists (particularly those at the Metro) use to write about alternative
1. Profess scepticism about the latest woo
2. Give it a try anyway
3. Woo practitioner performs some jiggery-pokery and claims to have found a problem previously un-noticed by the journalist.
4. Wooster claims to have cured the ‘problem’.
5. Another, self-limiting, problem clears up shortly afterwards
6. Journalist is converted to belief and writes a gushing piece of advertorial for the new woo. (more…)